1. Cancer Prevention
2. Cardio protection; prevention of atherosclerosis
3. Prevention of tooth decay and gum disease
4. Liver protection
5. Antiplatelet aggregation to prevent blood clotting
6. Kidney function improvement
7. Protection and restoration of immune system
8. Inhibition of infectious pathogens
9. To aid digestion and carbohydrate utilizatio
10. Cellular and tissue antioxidant
Medicine, Health food, Food, Beverage, Cosmetics and Beverage, etc
EGCG is the major component of the polyphenolic fraction of green tea. It makes up about 10-50% of the total green tea catechins including epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate(ECG), epicatechin(EC), gallocatechin gallate (GCG), catechin are major catechin of green tea catechin. The antioxidant activity increased in the following order: EC<ECG<EGC<EGCG.
Many studies indicate EGCG plays a role, which protects aganist free-radical DNA damage, protects aganist the effects of ionizing radiation and ultraviolet radiation, inhibits lipid peroxidation, decreases serum cholesterol levels, LDL, VLDL and triglycerides, interferes with the binding of cancer-causing agents to cellular DNA, helps to neutralize dietary carcinogens, works with enzymes and other antioxidants in the intestine, liver and lungs to prevent the activation of certain carcinogens before they damage DNA. As a free radicals scavenger, EGCG combats the effects of pollution, sunlight and smoking, helps skin from wrinkling and aging.